Carbon monoxide poisoning is a deadly but preventable danger. Protect your home and learn to spot the symptoms.
Carbon monoxide is a deadly gas, with no taste or smell. It is created when water heaters, boilers, gas fires, central heating, cookers or open fires are not working correctly and the fuel in them is not burning fully, producing carbon monoxide.
The gas can then be breathed in, where it enters the bloodstream and stops your blood being able to carry oxygen, which will begin to kill cells and tissue
Signs of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
- Feeling and/or being sick
- Tiredness and confusion
- Stomach Pains
- Difficulty breathing, including shortness of breath