Many GP surgeries in Merthyr now offer ‘eConsult’, an online service that allows you to submit a health query or ask for administrative services, such as medical record requests to your GP practice using an online form, 24 hours a day and 356 days of the year.
If you feel unwell or have a request for the practice, you can use eConsult online for free, 24/7, to:
- Contact your GP for medical advice.
- Request administrative services e.g. fit notes, GP letters, your medical records and test results.
- Search for trusted NHS self-help advice.
How does the service work?
- You simply complete a form detailing your problem or request.
- Your GP will decide on the best treatment or course of action for you.
- Your practice will contact you with advice, a prescription or an appointment.
- The practice aims to review every request and contact you back within 48 hours.
eConsult allows your practice to review your request more efficiently. What’s more, as you have provided lots of information using the online form, your GP and practice can manage your request quicker. You can also get help with common problems via eConsult at any time, including specific conditions such as backpain, mental health and more.